Add call to action heading and buttons
1. Edit the Call to Action Banner
2. Fill in the call to action title
3. Add buttons with the [button href="#"]Text[/button] shortcode and click the blue 'Done' button in the modal
Full width background image
4. Hover the wrench icon of the row (not the widget)
5. Click 'Edit Row'
6.Click the 'Design' panel
7. Add your background image
8. Set background image display to 'Cover'
9. Click the 'Layout' panel'
10. Set 'Row Layout' to 'Full width stretched'
11. Save the page
Click to enlarge the image
If the slider for the homepage is not visible please check the following 2 points:
- The 'Advanced Custom Fields PRO' plugin is installed and activated under the Plugin tab.
- The 'Frontpage Fullwidth Slider' (or Jumbotron for Physio) is selected as page template
If both points are correctly set but the slider is still not visible please navigate to the following path on your server with a FTP client:
Please check inside the theme folder for a duplicated theme folder and delete it.
Due copyrights of the images used in our theme demo we can't distribute them with the theme. Below you find the list of all the images used in the theme, you can buy them from Adobe Stock.
If your contact form won't send email or you don't receive the email in your inbox, please check the following things:
1. Please navigate to Contact -> edit specific form -> Mail (see screenshot below)
2. Add the 'To' and 'From' input fields (please use the symbols < > in the 'From' field too)
If the email address is entered like in the above example but the from still won't send the mail server of your domain is probably not responding correctly. This can be solved by installing the WP Mail SMTP plugin.
After installing the plugin please navigate to Settings -> Email and enter the following settings on that page:
- SMTP Host
- SMTP Port
- Email address username
- Email address password
You can find the SMTP host and port in the email you received from your hosting provider. Each hosting provider have there own so you need to enter the correct values in here.
If you still experience issues you can open a ticket and our support will take a look.
The social media icons in the footer (like the theme demo) can be added with some HTML. To add an the icon please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options > Footer and choose one of the following to add in the 'middle footer text' input field
To add a normal icon:
<i class="fa fa-facebook"></i>
To add a linkable icon:
<a href="http://yourlink.com"><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a>
The 'fa-facebook' can be changed to another social media name to display the icon. All available icons can be found here
The Google Maps widget requires a Google Maps API key to work. Please follow the steps below to create one:
1. Please create your Maps API key via this link. And click the Continue button (this could take a minute).
2. Enter a name and the URL of your website and click the 'Create' button (Please use all examples below and replace yourdomain with your own domain name. Each on a separate input field).
3. Copy the API key you see in the modal.
5. Make sure you click the 'Enable' button. If you only see 'Disable' you can leave the page
If you're using the Physio theme please also enable the API for Geolocation and Geocoding. If these API's are not enabled the Google Map widget won't work.
Using your Google Maps API key
The Landscaper WordPress theme
Please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options > Custom and add the key in the Google Map API key input field.
Physio WordPress theme
Within the SiteOrigin Google Map widget you can add your Google Maps API key within the first input field 'API key'.
Please navigate to the Gallery admin menu tab and add a couple posts. All posts need to contain a featured image and need to be assigned to at least one gallery category (please do not use the gallery tags).
Then navigate to Ess. Grid -> Settings (button of the specific grid)
Then follow these steps:
1. Click the Source tab
2. Set Post Types to Gallery
3. Select the categories you would like to show
Please don't forget to save the settings (see image above for the setting fields).
The grid is configured now and can be displayed on your website by using the 'Essential Grid' widget in the page builder, within the widget you can select the grid you want to display.
A SSL certificate need to be installed on your server. The best is to get in touch with your hosting company if you're not familiar with this.
After the SSL certificate is running on your server there are a couple of steps to take to make the theme work correctly on https (instead of default http).
The first things is to change the home and site URL under Settings -> General. Please make sure before changing this your website is fully accessible on https, else your website will not be working anymore and these settings need to be restored via FTP.
Then please install and activate the 'Really Simple SSL' plugin, and active the SSL option within the plugin settings page.
At least some of the images that are added within the customizer (as logo image, some background images) need to be removed and re-selected in order to display the correct image path.
To enable the arrows in the image lightbox window please follow these steps:
- Go to Settings -> Media
- Make sure you enable images for Fancybox (first setting)
- Scroll a bit down to the 'Gallery' section
- Switch 'Autogallery' to 'All in one Gallery'
- Check the box 'Show the gallery navigation arrows'
- Save the settings
The "essential-grid" file is located inside in installable theme folder the-landscaper/demo-files/essential-grid.json
Importing the File
1. Please navigate to Ess. Grid -> Import/Export
2. Click on the 'Import' panel
3. Upload the essential-grid.json file
4. Click the small 'Read File' button
5. Click 'Import Selected Data' button (please do not click the full demo data button)
Step 1 to 4:
Please make sure you click the "Read File" button and not the full demo data button to import the essential-grid file successfully.
The essential-grid file has been uploaded successfully. If the grid is not showing up on your website please follow the steps in this article.
The easiest and fastest solution is to install the Duplicator plugin. The plugin will generate a zip file of your entire WordPress installation (WP, theme, settings, content) and a installer file which you need to upload both to the new location.
Then you need to run the installer.php file (example: yourdomain.com/installer.php) and complete the install wizard. Basically in this install wizard you need to make a connection to the database (best is to create a new database) by entering the credentials.
Within just a couple of minutes you got the theme up and running on the new location without any issues.
The theme included a translatable .pot file. You can translate the theme in two ways:
1. Translate the .POT language file
You can translate the theme by editing the included .pot language file with a program like PoEdit. After setting up the language you can translate each text string to your own language.
After translating please export a .po and .mo file which you need to upload in the language folder of the theme (theme-folder/language/). For more information please see this link
2. Translate with the Loco Translate plugin
With the Loco Translate plugin you can translate the theme inside your WordPress installation.
Please install and activate the Loco Translate plugin. Then follow these steps below:
1. Please navigate to Loco Translate -> Themes
2. Click on the correct theme name in the list
3. Click on the 'New Language' link
4. Set your language from the dropdown field
5. Set 'Choose a location' to Custom and press the Start Translating button
5. Type the word you want to translate in the search box and click on it when it appear in the list below
6. Write your translation in the bottom textarea (the translation textarea)
7. Save the settings
You can read this tutorial for more information how to set-up a new translation (screenshots included)
1. Click on Pages in the menu
2. Edit the page that you want to display with the Featured Page widget
3. On this page add the 'Featured Image' and change the 'Excerpt'
4. Now save this page
Please navigate to Ess. Grid -> Global Settings and set the 'Lightbox Type' option to 'Disable' and save the settings
Do you see an 'allowed memory size exhausted' error? This is one of the most common WordPress errors, and can easily be fixed by increasing the PHP memory limit in WordPress.
Please follow these steps to increase the PHP memory. If you're not familiar with this please ask your hosting provider to increase the PHP memory
You can download the latest theme version from the download page of your account on ThemeForest by clicking the green download button and select 'Installable files only' from the submenu.
The theme can be updated on two ways, please choose one you prefer:
1. WordPress Dashboard
- Please navigate to Appearance > Themes
- Activate the default WordPress theme (like Twenty Seventeen)
- Click on the thumbnail of the theme you want to update and click 'delete' in the bottom right corner
- Click on 'Add New' in the top
- Click on 'Upload File'
- Upload the freshly downloaded theme zip file
- Activate the theme
2. FTP Client
- Login to your server with a FTP client
- Navigate to the theme folder in your WordPress installation (e.g. wordpress/wp-content/themes/)
- Rename the folder of the theme you're currently using (e.g. theme-name-1 or theme-name-2)
- Unzip the downloaded zip file and upload the folder to the themes folder on your server
- Investigate if everything is working correctly
- Remove the old theme folder from your server
* It is recommend to install a backup plugin and create a backup of your website before updating the theme.
In the theme customizer you can change the fonts of the theme. The options can be found via Appearance > Customize > Theme Options > Typography
If you want to target elements specifically or need more advanced typographic controls please install the Easy Google Fonts plugin.
The plugin will add a Typography panel to the root of the customizer (Appearance > Customize). Here you can change the font for headings and content of the theme.
To change the font for specific elements in the theme you need to setup 'custom font controls'. To do this please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Settings -> Google Fonts
2. Create a font control. For each font control please enter a reference name, CSS class and click the 'force style' overwrite checkbox. Below you can find the CSS classes for custom elements:
- Enter the name 'Navigation'
- Add CSS class .main-navigation li a
Call to action title
- Enter the name 'Call to action title'
- Add CSS class .cta-banner.cta-block .cta-banner-text .cta-banner-title
Testimonial author title
- Enter the name 'Tesimonial author'
- Add CSS class .testimonials .testimonial-person .testimonial-author
3. Please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Typograpghy. You will see 2 panels. In the 'Default Typography' panel you can change the content headings and fonts. In the 'Theme Typography' you will find your custom font controls.