How to update the theme
You can download the latest theme version from the download page of your account on ThemeForest by clicking the green download button and select 'Installable files only' from the submenu.
The theme can be updated on two ways, please choose one you prefer:
* It is recommend to install a backup plugin and create a backup of your website before updating the theme.
1. WordPress Dashboard
- Please navigate to Appearance > Themes
- Activate the default WordPress theme (like Twenty Seventeen)
- Click on the thumbnail of the theme you want to update and click 'delete' in the bottom right corner
- Click on 'Add New' in the top
- Click on 'Upload File'
- Upload the freshly downloaded theme zip file
- Activate the theme
2. FTP Client
- Login to your server with a FTP client
- Navigate to the theme folder in your WordPress installation (e.g. wordpress/wp-content/themes/)
- Rename the folder of the theme you're currently using (e.g. theme-name-1 or theme-name-2)
- Unzip the downloaded zip file and upload the folder to the themes folder on your server
- Investigate if everything is working correctly
- Remove the old theme folder from your server